So I’m in Las Vegas, on vacation before the baby comes. Really, I’m just here because Mike’s at a conference and I got to go along.
Here are some things that you’ve missed while I’ve been gone:
1) I got my first foreign rights deal. Holla, Indonesia! (Okay, in all honesty, I don’t even know what it means to say “Holla,” so I hope I’m using it right.)
2) I finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson, and it was amazing. Pick it up. (Especially you, Paperback Writer, if you haven’t already. I think you’ll love it.)
3) I set a goal to write 20 pages while we were here. I’ve written 4.
4) But I still have 24 hours left!
5) I won a poker tournament. A real one. Fifty people, $60 buy-in, the whole sche-bang. I even beat my husband.
6) I miss my little boy like crazy.
7) I watched my husband play a lot of craps. He’s very good.
8) I emailed the awesome fire chief with more questions, and he answered in like five seconds. I think the Kemmerer family will be making a nice donation to the fire house.
That’s all I’ve got. What about you guys? What have I missed? Any good internet gossip? Any good news to share?